How to do Analysis of Existing Website
How to do Analysis of Existing Website
Secret to get potential website development clients..
You can use following 14 test cases, to test your potential client's website. And depending upon the result you may suggest the client to upgrade it..!
--i.e. potential client conversion--
- Mobile Friendly. All pages you create within the website are must be mobile-friendly. Cause 90%+ traffic is from mobile device now a days..!
- UI Lookup. Select the design schema that suits your business. Each design has it's own use, and that are suitable for respective type of website.
- Content. The text content of your website should be in proper readable format, end-user must get the required info within few clicks, rather spending time to find information. Mean put the relative content on each page.i.e. the contact content should be on contact page. About page content is different , don't mix the content, that may confuse the end user.
- Media Quality. You must focus the quality of your media i.e. quality of images and videos, good thought is load media faster as possible so avoid lagging in page load. also you have to consider it , balancing the quality and media size in bytes. So it will achieve 2 main goals 1) Quick loading 2) Understandable quality . Cause some times media quality may lost due to heavy compression.
- Arrangement Of Pages. Arrange the pages properly, so end user can navigate throughout the website smoothly without any effort, to find the in-links. Must have navigation menu for website.
- Website Integrity. While surfing throughout the website , the user should get the consistency in the design, means it's not like that you design different pages in different theme. User should feel like that he is surfing through the same website.
- Content Presentation. You should present both text content and media content in the structured form. For example while creating the gallery design , it is good idea to give same class name to all gallery items and give theme identical CSS.
- Sufficient Amount of Content. As per the requirement for which website is build , check whether user getting the information correctly. If some information is missing , that may cause loss of potential customers, for your business.
- Avoid The Repetitiveness. Repetitive content makes end user confusing, it seems like phishing website or its look like website is trying to sell something forcefully. Uniqueness & non-repetitive content gives trust on the content , and indirectly end user can see your efforts behind the creation of content.
- Highlight important things. It is necessary to highlight the main point , objective within the content , you may use different HTML tags or CSS to highlight the main points, in the informative section.
- Proper use of the HTML tags. There are many ways to do same design using the HTML & CSS, with different tags. So to choose best out of them, we must consider HTML code stability & flexibility. Responsiveness, and SEO. Cause HTML tags playing vital role in the SEO. E.g. if you create some heading with
tag and give it big size and bold weight etc. But same result can be with H1 tag or H2 tag, so in that case you should use H1 , H2 tag if the inside content of those tags is to be ranked in the SEO.
- Avoid Traditional Trends. Don't use traditional trends, cause outdated trends might also ignored by the search engines, and it will affect your website performance too. Like no one is coding website with cgi now days.
- Follow new trends and technologies. Check that website is using the latest version of your back-end technologies. Like PHP versions, MySql Versions etc. Cause old version might have bugs and security threats that may harm your site.
- Quick Link Optimization. to have effective user navigation, you have to analyse the website visiting data-set and put the most visited links on the top of the website, So user will go to the required target hassle free..!
There are more points to be covered but these are most important and common points to be covered. Thanks for reading & please share and support.